Half an avocado per day is okay on a low-carb diet. This may just save my life — literally. I’m from California, so I can’t live long without avocado (and I’d give up on this life-saving diet if I couldn’t eat them).
Bunless Hamburger: (combine all ingredients into a bowl)
- Cut up a Beef or Turkey burger into bite-sized pieces — make sure it’s palatable plain since it’s the main ingredient.
- Mix in shredded cheese, so it melts.
- (optional) Mix in two pieces of bacon, chopped.
- (optional) After the cheese has melted, add diced or halved-and-sliced tomatoes.
- Cut half an avocado into slices, and place on mix. Or mash slices with a splash of lemon juice, salt, and pepper for simple guacamole.
- Top with lettuce (chopped into bite-sized pieces and tossed with a spoonful of mayonnaise — I actually prefer the taste of Vegenaise).
I eat a few variations of this, depending on available ingredients (such as lightly fried, diced bell pepper).